Taken by the Arabs in 716, Albufeira, then called “Al-Buhera” - Castle of the Sea.
With the earthquake of 1755, the city suffered irreparable damage, with it's Castle walls being partially destroyed, as well as and the water reservoir, wich lost it's aqueduct.
Using the wall structure from the Tower wich defended Sant’Ana's Door, the restaurant A Ruína is open since 1972 - with João and Salomé Lázaro: the art of good hospitality, always - associated with the development of Albufeira.
Consisting of four separate rooms, one of them an ancient well room, the restaurant also serves meals on its roof top terrace and beach terrace in the summer.
• Room Capacity •
Main Room: 53 pax
Well Room: 33 pax
Groups room: 60 pax
Roof Room: 20 pax
Roof Top Terrace: 100 pax
Beach Terrace: 75 pax
• Working Hours •
Spring and Summer: 12:30PM to 3:00PM and from 7:00PM to 11:00PM
Autumn and Winter: 12PM to 2:30PM and from 6:30PM to 10:30PM
Closure days: 7th January to 7th February